(Click Here) for an Inside Look at Mendel during COVID-19
with President, Tom Mascari - April 25, 2020
At Mendel, we executed our Response Plan for Social Distancing on Monday, March 16th, 2020 and it was completed by the end of the day. Our Team Members were all separated, Office Teams disbanded to ‘work-at-home’ setups, and Technician Safety Protocols were instituted for our Team and our Clients. This Plan will remain in effect until the ‘Stay at Home’ Order is lifted.
Thank you for accommodating our numerous new procedures that have been instituted to keep you and our team safe while they continue to service you.
Highlights of our COVID-19 Safety & No Contact Service Protocols:
- Social Distancing: Our Technicians have not reported to our office since Monday, March 16th and will not until further notice. Among numerous new field protocols, Technicians will keep a 6 foot+ distance during their calls.
- No-Contact Service Experience – Because We Care:
- Please remove anyone from the area our Technician will be working.
- Our Technicians can email any quotes for you to view real-time from the safety of your phone/computer, and discuss together while remaining at a safe, 6 foot+ distance.
- Clients can then authorize any work via eSign from your phone/computer.
- After the work is complete we avoid contact with credit cards, asking our clients to read credit cards from a safe, 6 foot+ distance.
- PPE - Masks, Gloves, Booties: In accordance with the CDC’s April 3rd guidance on masks, Mendel technicians are wearing a mask on every service call. Our Technicians are also wearing gloves and booties that are changed between calls. Our truck cabs are disinfected daily.
- Office Teams Social Distancing: Mendel’s systems enable our office teams (Call Center, Dispatch Center, Accounting, etc.) to function effectively and keep the same high level of service, while they have all been working in a work-at-home set up.
- Technician Daily Monitoring: A Technician will be removed from service should any health or safety standards not be met:
- Any COVID19 symptoms per CDC
- Exposure to anyone with symptoms or COVID19 infection
- Client Symptoms Inquiry: Prior to our arrival, our Client Service Team is conducting COVID-19 symptoms screening per the latest CDC guidance on symptoms. Thank you for accommodating this added protocol for your safety and that of our Technician Team.
Unique times require unique solutions.
In order to provide help with issues you may be experiencing at HOME or at your BUSINESS, and support the social distancing mandate, we’ve put a NEW SERVICE in place to serve you.
We are opening up access to our Technical Experts for our valued clients via phone, FaceTime, etc. at NO CHARGE to you. If a phone call might help save you a Service Call, let us help. Some problems our experts can help with over the phone include:
Common Plumbing Problems:
- Dripping faucet or pipe
- Slow draining sink, toilet or shower
- Water heater leak/not functioning
- Jammed garbage disposal
- Sump pump beeping
Common Heating, Cooling, Electrical Problems:
- Pilot or ignition problems
- Thermostat issues
- Unusual furnace noises
- Airflow problems
- Breaker tripping, switch/outlet
Have a quick question to get you going?
Need help troubleshooting an issue?
Need someone to walk you through a quick household fix or repair?
Call us at 630-377-3608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support via phone or FaceTime. If after talking to our Experts, a service call is necessary, we will be there.